Impression Kit Guide
1 Before you begin
Put an empty tray into your mouth to make sure it fits correctly. This is very important to making a good first impression.
2 Mixing putty
Take one “Dark” putty container and one “Light” putty container and quickly mix putty together to form one solid color. The putty hardens quickly, so be sure to do this within 30 seconds.
3 Prep your tray
- Roll putty into a 4-inch long cylinder and place inside the tray.
- Make sure putty fills the entire tray, so that we can capture all of your teeth.
4 Impression time
- Using your fingers, center the prepared tray over your teeth and bite all the way into the putty — almost all the way through.
- Using continuous pressure, press and hold for 3 1/2 minutes.
5 Removing Impressions
Using your fingers, carefully remove tray by pulling down (upper tray) or up (lower tray) until free from your teeth and set aside.
Important: DON’T touch impression material when removing or afterward, as it can alter your impression.
6 Ready. Set. Repeat.
Now that you’re a pro, it’s time to repeat steps 2 - 5 for the remaining trays.
Returning your impressions
- Place all impressions back into the impression tray box.
- Seal the impression tray box in the USPS pre-paid envelope, and drop it in the mail.
Don’t have time to drop off your impressions?
Schedule a USPS pick-up